4300 Falmouth Road, Cotuit, MA 02635 Phone : (508) 428-2687
IRRIGATION REGULATION – The BOWC voted to adopt an irrigation regulation dated August 25, 2021, which includes a rate increase for non-essential usage. The regulation can be viewed by clicking here.
ATTENTION COTUIT RESIDENTS – EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
THE COTUIT WATER DEPARTMENT HAS DECLARED A STATE OF WATER SUPPLY CONSERVATION – LEVEL I DROUGHT CONDITIONS
- Please avoid all outside water use between the hours of 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
- Residents living in homes on the odd numbered sides of the street are asked to water lawns and gardens on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- Residents living on even numbered sides of the street are asked to water lawns and gardens on Mondays and Wednesdays only.
- Water only when necessary. Be aware of advance weather forecasts, adjust your schedule for wind and rain to minimize water consumption.
- Maintain your lawn at a height of at least two (2) inches to protect the roots and retain soil moisture.
- Install rain shutoff devices on automatic systems, check moisture sensor controls for proper operation.
- Replace and broken or missing sprinkler heads.
- Water conservation kits are available at no charge, upon request.
IMPLEMENTING THESE IMPORTANT CONSERVATION MEASURES COULD HELP TO AVOID A MANDATORY WATER BAN ENFORCED BY MASSDEP. PLEASE USE WATER WISELY!
In 2020, the Cotuit Water Department provided 245,342,000 gallons of drinking water to 2,335 homes, businesses, and public buildings.
We monitor and analyze the water to check that it meets or exceeds all state and federal standards. We provide an annual report detailing the water quality which is sent to every residence in Cotuit and is also available online. Annual maintenance on structures and equipment allow us to get the full use of capital expenditures.
Our mission is to provide a clean and adequate water supply for the Cotuit District through a central system for drinking, domestic and commercial use and fire protection. We need to own and control sufficient natural land areas for well-field production and aquifer protection. We are constantly evaluating our infrastructure, ensuring regulatory compliance for public health and planning for the future needs of the village we serve. We aim to provide efficient and friendly service to our ratepayers and customers.
You can read about the history of the Cotuit water department here – including some great photos.