Effective August 1, 2016: Following five continuous months of unusually dry weather,
Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) Secretary Matthew Beaton has declared a
Drought Warning for the Central and Northeast regions, a Drought Watch for the
Connecticut River and Southeast Massachusetts and a Drought Advisory for
Western Massachusetts and Cape Cod and the Islands. The declaration was the result
of a recommendation from the Drought Management Task Force and will remain in effect
until water levels return to normal in the affected regions.
ATTENTION COTUIT RESIDENTS
THE COTUIT FIRE DISTRICT WATER DEPARTMENT HAS DECLARED A STATE OF WATER SUPPLY CONSERVATION
- Please avoid all outside water use between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Residents living in homes on the odd numbered sides of streets are asked to water lawns and gardens on odd numbered days only.
- Residents residing on even numbered sides of streets are requested to water lawns and gardens on even numbered days only.
- Install rain shutoff devices on automatic irrigation systems. If devices are already installed, check for proper operation.
- Water conservation kits are available at no charge upon request.
PLEASE USE WATER WISELY!