Board of Fire Commissioners
Notes of Regular Meeting held, August 19, 2010
Note: These notes become official when approved at a subsequent meeting.
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners was called to order at 1303 hours by Commissioner Mycock, Field and Commissioner B. Nailor. Also in attendance: Treasurer/clerk Agnes Murray, Prudential Committee Member King Lowe, Amy Kates, Cindy Gardner, Carol Olsen, Ruth Pierce, Barbara Tressier, Bill Tressier, Bennet Dotridge, Don Campbell, Lieutenant J. Pouliot, FF J.Amento
Recording- one district member recording and the Fire District
Public Comment: requesting for a box outside the door for postings
District member giving a letter to the Fire Commissioners
District member asking about changing the meeting times from day to night
Prudential Committee Chairperson- If the Fire Department would entertain taking over care of Freedom Hall.
Fourth of July was a success, “Thank you” to all our personnel that came
Strawberry Festival- success and “Thank you”
Cotuit Mosquito Yacht club- Safety talk was well received, patches from Cotuit Fire Rescue Department were given on a job well done for the rescue incident
Dinning/Kitchen completed, painting from FF, Job well done with our “Thanks”
South Shore Generator- completed
• Budget- 98% Labor and Salaries spent, 77 % of the operational budget spent
• Fire Hose Replacement- ordered
• Truck Committee- need to meet Falmouth Fire in September
• Activity Reports- need to supply copies to the Board of Fire Commissioners
• Personnel Protective Equipment- Lieutenant Pouliot completing grant
• Fitness/Wellness Grant- Chief will complete grant
• Safety Grant- Chief will complete grant
• Training reimbursement: Masters Program
• FF requesting reimbursement for two year Masters program degree
• Fire Chief approved $480.00 last year in error and was disciplined from the Board of Fire Commissioners, it clearly states that the Fire Chief approves courses and classes but the reimbursement is the authorization of the Board of Fire Commissioners according to the Union Contract
• Commissioner Field- motion made to deny FF request for reimbursement for two year Masters Program courses, seconded by Commissioner Nailor- motion voted upon and passed.
• Commissioner Field questioning if $480.00 given to FF for last year reimbursement shall the Board request monies back for such, Chairperson Mycock stating “no”, not at this time.
• Motion made by Chairperson Mycock to go into executive session for the purpose of step two grievance process, motion seconded by Commissioner Nailor, voted upon and passed.
• Out of executive session, meeting reconvened.
• Fire Commissioner Mycock, motion – Board of Fire Commissioners denied request for step two grievance and moves to arbitration if Union so desires, seconded by Commissioner Field – motion voted upon passed.
• Motion made by Chairperson Mycock to adjourn Fire Commissioners meeting, seconded voted upon and passed.
Board of Fire Commissioners