Board of Fire Commissioners
Notes of Regular Meeting held, October 21, 2010
Note: These notes become official when approved at a subsequent meeting.
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners was called to order at 1303 hours by Commissioner Mycock, Field and B. Nailor. Also in attendance: Treasurer/clerk Agnes Murray, Amy Kates, Cindy and James Gardner, Ruth Pierce, Barbara Tressier, Bill Tressier, Jessica Grassetti, Thomas Hadley, FF Jayne Pierce, W. McNamara, J. Geggatt
Fire Commissioner Field made the motion to accept the meeting minutes for September Fire Commissioners meeting, Seconded by Fire Commissioner Nailor, motion carried.
Fire Commissioner Mycock made a motion to accept the October 07, 2010 minutes of the Special Meeting, seconded by Commissioner Field, motion carried.
Fire Commissioner Mycock made a motion to accept the October 07, 2010 executive session minutes, seconded by Commissioner Field, motion carried.
Fire Commissioners Field made a motion to accept the August 19, 2010 executive session minutes, seconded by Mycock, motion carried.
District members asked:
Are all executive session minutes that were just signed resolved and if so why aren’t they available?
Asked when requesting copies of the minutes, they would like signed copies
Gym membership questions?
Master program or two year program questions?
Ethic violations, sick leave and call firefighter questions?
Family medical leave questions?
Request for the Union to meet with the Fire Commissioners?
What happened to the Prudential Committee Members in reference to two Prudential Committee Members resigning from the Prudential Committee?
Recording- one district member recording and the Fire District
Fire Chief Report:
• Activity Reports- approximately 56 incidents ahead from last year
• Fire House- no problems
• Budget- 23% Labor and Salaries spent, 30% of the operational budget spent
• Call department is being held up by Barnstable Fire Academy-
• Comstar- needs to be provided by the Treasurer, Fire Chief has not received any information from the treasurer.
• Retirement Board is looking for annual report; it is not in as of this date, District Treasurer will provide.
• Deferred Compensation- is not happening, we need to correct the problem, District Treasurer will provide information needed to make this program happen.
• Fitness/Wellness grant working progress
• Truck committee is tabled
• Stainless steel sink is in and working, thanks to all that helped out
• PPE grant working progress.
• EMS software Imagine trend has giving us a quote along with Zoll Medical and FH software. Imagine trends look to be the best on cost and operability.
• If Troop 52 of the BSA could be housed at the station for a short time (2 meetings) until Troop 52 finds a permanent home.
• Union requested to meet with negotiation team for the new contract year
• Fire Commissioner Mycock- questioning with only one Prudential Committee member how the district employees would receive compensation and/or establish business meetings?
• Treasurer asking for the Fire Commissioners to sign the warrant first, this has not been done in the past and now the Treasurer is requesting that the Fire Commissioners start this process for the first time.
• Fire Chief -stating his “thanks” for a job well done by Group three (Lieutenant Joseph Pouliot) and all Cotuit members that attended the structure fire the night before.
• Fire Commissioner Mycock made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Commissioner Field, motion carried.
Board of Fire Commissioners